Evan in park

Evan in park

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Support

Every time I start to feel like things are getting too hard something or someone does something to pull me back and remind me that we are going to get through this. Sometimes it's another parent of a child with MSUD who is looking for help or who is there to listen. Sometimes it's my husband or a friend telling me I do a great job with Evan and how impressed they are with my ability to stay strong through all of our struggles. Sometimes it's just someone asking me how we are doing and how Evan is doing. Not just asking, but genuinely caring and wanting to know. Somehow God knows just when to bring those people or those moments so that I can regain my strength and keep doing what I do for our little guy!

Evan is doing great! He makes my job as mom so much easier! He is generally a happy boy. He smiles a lot and babbles all day long! He is starting to take his first steps and it's amazing to watch him learn new things each day. He is a very active boy as most boys are. He has been eating well lately, which is a pleasant change from the way things have been before.  He sleeps well too, which is great for us as it helps to make each day a little easier.  Everything is easier with a good night's sleep!

For those of you wondering about the transplant, we are still waiting. Evan is staying healthy, which is wonderful and makes it easier. Regardless, I still spend each day worrying and wondering about when we will get the call. I just remind myself that it will come when the time is right. In the meantime, thank you all for the continued support. Our faith, family, and friends will carry us through this!

No comments:

Post a Comment