Evan in park

Evan in park

Saturday, March 12, 2011

37 Week Doctor's appointment

Good news this week! I subbed on Wednesday and Thursday and those will be my last days of work until I find a full time job and childcare sometime after the summer. It was kind of sad to leave another school, but hopefully they will call with some full time positions. That would be ideal!

On Friday I had my 37 week doctor's appointment and everything is looking good! My Strep B test came back negative, which is super good news! (For those of you who don't know, that is a normal test done at this stage. If it comes back positive it would mean both baby and I would have had to have antibiotics during/post delivery).  My blood pressure looks good at 128/77 and Evan's heart beat was 140. (Typical Boy!) He is still moving around quite a bit, but the movements are a lot different than before. It's more like he stretches than really moves. I think he's running out of room in there!  The doctor did a cervical check and said I am dilated to 1 cm and my cervix is nice and soft. This is great news as it means the contractions I have had thus far are actually doing their job and my body is progressing toward labor on it's own! Hopefully this means we will not have to worry about any kind of induction as I would like to have as natural of a childbirth as I can handle!

All looks good! Evan could be here any time now. We have 2 weeks and 5 days until his due date and the doctor said if I don't deliver by then we will schedule an induction for around 41 weeks. That means that within the next 26 days we will DEFINITELY have a baby! Hopefully he comes before his due date and we don't have to go that long, but either way, we are anxiously awaiting the arrival of our baby boy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment