Evan in park

Evan in park

Monday, April 9, 2012

Disappointed :(

Not sure why I keep getting my hopes up that we will get out of the hospital any time soon. Evan's adenovirus numbers jumped up again to 600,000. The doctors are not worried as they said this is typical of the virus and that the treatment takes time. The fact that it didn't jump back up over 1 million is a positive. They will do another course of treatment tomorrow and then will retest him on Wednesday with hopes of having him out of the hospital Thursday. All they are looking for is a continued trend in the numbers dropping for us to get him out of the hospital and then he will continue his Cidofivir treatments as an outpatient. I wish I had better news, but right now the good news is that Evan is super playful and acting like himself! :) I'll update again when I can, but for now we are staying in the hospital for a few more days at least.

1 comment:

  1. Boy how many times I have been in those shoes :( Think your breaking out and thinking about taking the IV out then boom the IV stays in and the fluids turn on again. One time I was signing the discharge papers and the next thing Dustyn is vomiting again and the discharge papers get torn up. :( Hope Evan turns around soon so you all can go home and get some well deserved rest. Hang in there your doing awesome.

    ReplyDelete